Thursday, September 9

a year of firsts




a first night

a first week

a first month

a first bottle

a first smile

a first giggle

a first sleep-through-the-night

a first roll-over

a first crawl

a first pulled-himself-up

a first furniture walk

a first word

Today my little man turns 1, and is a day of celebration. I've enjoyed the first hour of my day snuggling and playing on the floor with Harrison, relishing in the fact that he's here. I am grateful that I have this day to celebrate with my child.

Reflecting back on a year ago, we were just beginning our day of induction and waiting for a healthy arrival of a baby. I am still so very grateful of Sherry and the greatest gift she has given our family. On the day of Harrison's birthday, I journaled all day about everything that was going on around me. The one line I wrote, over and over was I can't believe she's doing this for me. The amazing quiet strength she had that day never ceases to amaze me. She's beautiful from the inside out. Today in my heart, I celebrate Sherry and what she has done for me.

At the moment, Harrison and I wait for Henry to awake. We have no big plans during the day today, but I'm feeling moved to let the boys decide something fun to do together this morning. The only plan I have today is to celebrate Harrison!

Happy Birthday my sweet boy! I love you!


1 comment: