Saturday, December 11

still deckin' the halls

We are in the middle of a snow storm people! It's been a great, yet long day stuck in this home of ours. I've enjoyed watching the storm from the comfort of my warm home; however some people have had to get out and experience the elements.

A little action shot of the neighbors helping each other get their mini vans unstuck in 18 inches of accumulated snow. I felt a bit guilty watching rather than helping, and a bit ridiculous taking pictures. BUT, it was a good reminder to stay indoors, and NOT drive a minivan.

However, I just didn't sit around all day. We had some pretty exciting stuff going on inside our home today. First, we must start the day with watering the Christmas tree. This little elf

can't get enough of the watering can. He's been obsessed for months with this little green can, and now that he can help water this amazing tree that we brought from the outside, inside--he's even more excited to help with his can!!

Then the busy little elf, put on his supervisor hat and watched over us make sandwiches for 363, which is an organization that distributes sandwiches to the homeless. This was a great opportunity for kids to get involved giving to other during the season of giving. We shelled out 500 bologna & cheese sandwiches in about 60 minutes this morning.

After lunch and a little nap by the foreman, Harrison and I got busy in the kitchen making a little goodie for ourselves.
I discovered the ultimate Christmas cookie magazine while waiting in line at Target one day.
I decided not to buy it because I figured I could find the recipe for--
online. A sort of replacement for the peanut butter blossoms that we don't make anymore due to our peanut free house. After searching for the recipe, I gave up and decided it was worth the $5.99. Let me tell you---this magazine is a lot of bang for the buck if you have a sweet tooth and do some holiday baking. I have looked this magazine over and over and just can't decide where to start, or better yet...where to end.

So that brings us to this evening. We're chillaxin, watching a little ABC Family Christmas movie, eating cookies, doing a little of this
and that. I'm only participating in "this". I refuse to play along with Scott and the boys as they play "that". "That" is the game hide and seek. I don't play that game indoors because apparently I was the one (victim, perhaps?) who knocked over one of these
one night at my grandparent's home. It was full of plants and well, it was a mess. I remember all of us grandkids were sitting on the spare bed afterwards (kinda like being quarantined) while our parents cleaned up the mess. Guess I did it. But it was dark, how come I got blamed? Anyhow, I like to laugh about it. I'm too scarred to play hide-and-seek indoors.

So instead, I choose to point Henry and Harrison in the direction of their hiding Daddy, sipping on a little adult beverage, while searching for a contest to enter my Drew Carey look-a-like.
Happy shoveling.

1 comment:

  1. You're creating wonderful family memories.
    I recently wrote a book for grandparents. Can you help me spread the word? You can learn more about Preparing My Heart for Grandparenting at www.PreparingMyHeart.net.

    Merry Christmas!

    Lydia Harris (aka Grandma Tea)

    ReplyDelete