Friday, May 7

A Happy Mother

Mother's Day--a day to celebrate the women in our lives who cast inspiration, endless love and devotion to children of all ages. We mainly think of Mother's Day as a day to celebrate our own mom, and to be showered with hugs and kisses from our own little (for some of you not so little) ones. And for some, it's a day to celebrate women who are like-a-mother to us. We recognize mothers and non-mothers, mothers waiting-to-be, and mothers who have lost simply because. . . we rock!

This Mother's Day, I celebrate someone who is NOT my mother, but a woman who shares a motherlike bond with me. This year, I celebrate Sherry--the "like a sister" woman in my life who brought my third son into this world (she rocks). She shows love, kindness, generosity, devotion, and selflessness like no one I have ever known. She inspires me to be a better mother and friend because of her genuine ways. I truly cherish her friendship and hold her in the highest regard.

Because of her selflessness, I am able to celebrate this Mother's Day with Harrison. I know Harrison will always be her favorite nephew, and she will always hold a special place in her heart for him. She genuinely loves him and shows affection for him as an aunt would.

Today, I celebrate not only being a mom and having a mom, but also for the mom who gives of herself. May you all have a wonderful day, recognizing and embracing the blessings around you.

Harrison & Sherry
Henry & Harrison with Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment