Monday, June 28

ahhh....the weekend


I am writing today with no other purpose but to share a few snapshots of our weekend. This Minnesota weekend was filled with humidity, sunshine and some wild evening storms. Scott and I managed to get out for a date on Friday night and spent the rest of the weekend being entertained by our boys. Why do weekends have to go by so quickly? I don't know, but we're sure looking forward to the upcoming holiday weekend. Can't wait to share snapshots of our upcoming weekend with you too. Have a great Monday everyone!


"Don't freak out Mom! It's not an alligator!"

Homemade whip cream is loved by everyone! But the best part of the whipped cream is always the part that gets licked directly out of the bowl it's made in.

Dennis the Menace made a surprise appearance again this weekend. Now, not only does he have overalls that are wwwaaayyy too small, he has a sling shot and a cap gun to put into his pockets.


I knit a few quick hats. One is a skully for Henry and the other is made out of this brown "latte" colored Peruvian wool, which is for me. You won't see me sporting my hat anytime soon, although don't be surprised if you see Henry wearing his hat. He thinks skullies, especially those made of wool are cool to wear all year 'round.


I watched my cat read the Sunday paper. I bet you wouldn't believe me if I told you she went out to buy it herself, would you?


Playing with an empty box is a great way to use your imagination and spend a few hours markering, taping, cutting and doing things only kids want to do WITHOUT Mom telling them not to do it. I think this box was a kitchen, house, vehicle, and jail all in just a few short hours.

1 comment:

  1. great pics Jen, I love the whip cream one just had our 9 year old granson from Vietnam here and I had homemade whipcream he had never had it but loved it joyce

    ReplyDelete