Wednesday, June 9

A Poem I Wrote For YOU

This post goes out to all you at-home moms & to those who can identify. If you don't "get it", please don't judge.

Here is an email in the form of a poem I sent to my husband this morning because I'm having a tough start to my day.

Please.

The next time I tell you that I need to get out, don't deny me of it.

Please don't try to calculate a mental break in cost per gallon.

My breaks are purposeful, they make me a better mom, wife, friend.

Wednesdays are my breaking point.

I hate being at my breaking point, it makes me so vulnerable.

I dislike who I am today because I'm low on so many levels.

I'm not mad, I am just telling you what I need.

You've asked me to do that.

This job is tough.

I'm not saying that yours is not.

But I can't do this 24/7 without a break.

When is the last time I was able to step away from being a mom?...last
Wednesday night for 1 hour.

That's a long time ago in mommy time.

I'm tired, not physically, but mentally.

I can only take so much hollering and whining from a 3 yo before I start
to holler and whine myself.

I don't like it.


And here are snippets of his response...

Thank you. Points well taken.

Love you.

By the way, it is your vulnerability that I love so much.

Get out and have some fun tonight!!!!!

... When you leave, I am scared that I won't be as good as you.

...This weekend, I have been praying that I can create memories and be accomplished, like you. I am scared and excited all at the same time.

Why does he do that?

Somehow I feel better amid the demands and whines of my 3 yo.

Sorry for the long breaks between posts lately. I feel like it's all weather related AND my family is giving me A LOT to work with lately.

Guess what I am going to do tonight?

I'm going back to TJ to pick up a pair of sandals that I saw to wear on my girl's weekend!

54 hours to go!!


1 comment:

  1. I get it, but you said it better than I ever could....good communication to your hubs, and gosh he was sweet back to you! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete