Monday, November 22

a bit of the cra-zies

Usually my best inspiration for my blog comes from my own children. So while I was uploading pictures and scouting through them this morning, I couldn't help but think of the word, cra-zy.

First, let's talk hair.



You would think that we don't own a brush. Frankly, I LOVE Harrison's hair. I love the way it sticks up on the crown of his head. I get a bit saddened when it lays flat, which is usually only after he's had something on his head.

Henry's hair does the same thing as Harrison's, although they definitely have different hair--color and texture. Henry's is cute, but looks more like he forgot to brush his hair. We like to gel and spray his hair to impress the ladies.

Speaking of the ladies...
This little man was caught kissing a little lady at a play date last week. He had the sh*%est grin on his face. When I asked him about it later--later was when he was kissing a mirror in the store, part of his reply included, "It wasn't good." Yes, we had phase one of "the talk". It was cute, harmless and a bit imaginative. They were reenacting "The Little Mermaid" so I blame Disney for this lil episode.

The Flannel...

If you see my husband any point this winter, you will most likely see him in this shirt. The Flannel. I picked it up for him on Thursday and I've already seen him wear it twice. He informed me that he's planning to wear it on Thursday and Saturday of this upcoming week. He'd like one in green, if possible.

He's super stoked about flannels being part of the latest fashion trend. They bring him back to {the first part of} his youth. After numerous closet cleanings, he was left without flannels. I was accused of being the culprit of this tragedy, so therefore, must redeem myself. I think I did well when I made this $20 purchase (I'm a sale rack kinda gal. Not going to find this girl at the front of any store. I love online too--with lots of promotional codes, of course. I picked The Flannel up in the store, hence the price difference.)

Breakfast chez dad...

I awoke on Saturday morning to breakfast served on the floor, straight from the box. What you can't see is the cereal strung across the floor and the 3 mini wheats stuffed in Harrison's mouth, yes, at once. "He'll learn." is my husband's reply as I inform him that Harrison might choke because I usually cut them in half.

The Vikings...


Papa was visiting a few weeks ago and someone tried to turn Papa into a Vikes fan during nap time. Let's just say that these days, it would be cra-zy to become a Vikings fan at this point in their season. Argh!

The laundry room (before)...





Ah hum...This cra-zy wall that should never have been put in the smack center of this space...
The positive, it hides the cat litter box on the laundry side. After consultation to remove the wall, I decided against the cra-zy work and would rather clean up the space, demand that coats get hung up, remove the bench, and work with the space as is.

So embarrassed to post this cra-zy picture, but you have one too...I know you do...

The laundry room (after)...


I still have this cra-zy closet! But, there is something missing...
can you figure it out?

The art supply mess. My favorite part of the (microscopic) transformation.


The final cra-zy...


Harrison has been sitting on my lap for about 97% of this post contently eating Cheerios & raisins, watching the cat jump unmentionable places, and share paper and pencils with his brother, who has been sitting next to us for 75% of the 97% Harrison has been hanging around.

Alright, must dress the boys and run some errands before school!!

Happy beginning to a short Thanksgiving week!
J

P.S. When he got off my lap and thought I wasn't looking.
One more cra-zy...



No comments:

Post a Comment