Wednesday, September 23

8 pounds



Trying to keep his eyes open.
Um, this little honey outgrew this bathtub a long time ago.
Yum! Nothing is sweeter than a baby. This photo was taken on Monday.

Harrison had his first offical visit today at the ped clinic. He's gaining weight and a "picture of health." Dr. O was amazed at our story, "What a gift."

He eats about 3 ounces every 3 hours when he is awake and will sleep 4-5 hours at a time. We know that he can change his habits at any point and time so we are enjoying it day by day. I am enjoying my time with him and his smallness as I know that he will grow too quickly.

Our days at home fly by so quickly. I find myself continuously cleaning, washing, folding and wiping inbetween cuddling, kissing and playing. Caffeine and naps are my best allies, although some days are completely fueled by adoration of the gifts I have been given.

Henry has made the adjustment to big brotherhood well. The biggest change for him has been the slower pace of life. He and I were so used to daily field trips and some days we find it hard to get outside more than an hour before lunch. He's managing with the lack of stimulation. His neighbor "girlfriends" have been good to him by inviting him to play when they get home from daycare.

Sherry is doing well and back on her game. She had no other choice. . .her kids are full of energy! Ally started kindergarten this fall and Austin keeps her entertained during the day. I've been asked so often, how Sherry is doing and how it was for her to separate from Harrison. Again, Sherry is amazing and was the perfect fit for giving us this amazing gift. Life was emotional during the delivery. I feel like I kept my emotions in tact during this journey, but as I watched my son come into this world I couldn't keep it together. The 7 minutes, yes 7 minutes that Sherry pushed (she was even shocked!) were emotional for all of us. But then that was it. I finished crying, we hugged, kissed, exchanged a few words and it was done. Sherry became a special aunt and I became Harrison's mom. Scott and I held him until he had to go to the nursery for a bit and the next day Sherry held him, which was her choice. She will always be close to him and we've let her know that it's okay if he's her favorite nephew. My favorite pictures are still the ones where Sherry's family is looking over him. The pictures warm my heart and visually tell such an amazing story. Sherry and I speak daily and I give her Harrison updates. Scott continues to call her daily,
because he always has. This experience has brought us so close and I am so greatful.

This mommy is signing off and going to bed! Sleep when the baby sleeps!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Jen, I having been waiting for a new entry. Yes Harrison is a gift to many that love him at first sight. I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. Our dear Sherry is truly an amazing woman! I am so honored to be included in this miracle. God is so God!!!
    Love you all, Grandma Helen

    ReplyDelete