Wednesday, September 2

Today's The Due Date!

"You're a good mom." Henry said to Sherry as she was helping him use the potty this morning. I was upstairs getting ready listening to their conversation and I couldn't help but agree. Here we are live-in guests supposed to be taking care of Sherry, and I feel more like it's the other way around. She's a stubborn lady who must do it all herself. For the most part I let her because I know she likes things done a certain way and is naturally a caregiver to others. It makes her happy. . . and have you ever seen a pregnant lady angry? I'd rather not.

I've rarely seen her act selfishly and she puts others before herself way too often. So, when the opportunity arises to do something that I know I can do for her, I take advantage of it. But like Grandma Helen said while shaking her head at lunch, as Sherry jumped to refill her guests empty glasses, "Just let her do it." For now, I'll let her wash my dirty laundry because she insists, but I'll hang the non-dryer clothes on the line for her and fold my own clothes.

So today we celebrated the due date! We took the kids out of the house and went to visit Great-Grandma (who thought Sherry should be lying in bed) and went out for lunch. We followed up our lunch with a nap and who knows what the evening will bring. I don't think we'll find ourselves in the hospital because you can't peer pressure a woman into labor. (My sister called trying to peer pressure Sherry into having the baby yesterday. It just does not work that way, sis!)

Thanks for the wonder messages of inspiration and positive thoughts some of you have left me. My family and I appreciate your thoughtfulness and prayers. We are so excited! When I talk to Scott, he keeps telling me that he wants his family back. It's only been a few nights apart, but he's missing us. We look forward to being together once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment