Friday, September 4

Due Date +2

Pokey. Always late. Tries to get one more thing done before moving on to the next task. Underestimates the amount of time it takes to get the job done. Sherry.

There has been no progress on Sherry's part since Monday. . .except for my child slightly moving her/his way downward. She's still at a one and hasn't effaced any more. Again, they are both doing well and that's all we can ask for. So at this point, Dr. Hill has us coming in on Tuesday morning for another check-up and has Sherry booked at the hospital for an induction on Wednesday morning. If there's no baby before then, I will have a child born on September 9 (09-09-09). I think that birthdate is pretty cool and so far can't find any bad omen or significance of three nines.

Leaving the clinic today, I couldn't help think about the day we scheduled our c-section for Henry. I cried and cried knowing the day I would become a mother. I had the same feeling overwhelm me today. I wasn't nearly as emotional today as I was a few years ago, however the feeling of becoming a mother (again) warmed my heart.

I told my mom on the phone tonight that I have almost conceded to the idea that my baby will never come out. She said, "Well, why would s/he? Sherry is so sweet and wonderful and has done such a great job nurturing this baby, why would s/he ever want to come out?" Although she's right, Sherry could speed up the process a bit. . . come on slow poke!

2 comments:

  1. Hi to all of you

    I think 9-9-09 is a wonderful birthday if not before. I love this blog Jen and Scott and the pictures of the kids are fantastic I love getting to know them all a little better.Good luck to all and you are on the top of my prayer list at nite and morning love ya joyce and jim

    ReplyDelete