Thursday, August 27

Day 6

What a great view, huh?


This is Henry enjoying the music entertainment at the splash pad today.





Henry was disappointed when I told him that I didn't bring his bike after he saw Ally and Austin riding their bikes as we pulled into the driveway on Tuesday morning. Leave it to Sherry to give him his big brother present a little early. I tried to convince her to wait, but she told me not to argue with a pregnant woman. Sweet ride, Henry! Thanks, Sherry!



Ally, where are your knee pads?




Are those snow boots, Austin?



I've mentioned lately in a couple of blogs that Henry has been peeing in public places. Let me clarify. My parent live in a neighborhood that for the most part private. There's a good chance no one is going to see him going to the bathroom. Then when we travel to Marshall, he goes in the little toilet in the car and then I find some grassy area to dump it out. He never has had permission to just whip it out and go. However today, he decided that when I guy has to go, he's got to go.

We were at the splash park today with one of my high school friends and her sons. I was standing on the side walk visiting while frequently gazing up at Henry who was playing in the water about 8 feet away. The last time I gazed up at him, he wasn't there; however there was a mother standing looking at me. It wasn't until I looked a little closer to me that I realized Henry had decided to pee in the flower garden that separated the sidewalk from the water. I quickly grabbed him and carried him to the bathroom. The entire walk to the bathroom, Henry repeatedly told me, "But I wanted to go in the bushes." I couldn't help but laugh on the inside as I kept telling him that he can't just do that anywhere!

I've laughed about this all night to myself and shared the story with a few others. I keep thinking that most kids would just go in the water and no one would know. But not Henry. He must get out of the water, pee on the flowers, and give his mother a good story to share.













No comments:

Post a Comment