Saturday, August 8

A New Dress

How many times do we allow our minds to daydream and wonder what we will wear for a special occassion? Scott and I are going to a benefit in late September. The benefit is a live and silent auction that raises money for Faith's Lodge, (www.faithslodge.org) a retreat center for families who have lost children or have children with serious illnesses. The theme again this year is glam rock. So, I'm not exactly the covergirl for glam rock, but I do enjoy the opportunity to dress up and have an adult night out. While I was out shopping yesterday, I found a really nice dress that fits perfectly for "Hope Rocks." Now, I just need to find the right shoes and jewlery and I'm all set for a night out.

Not only have I thought that I needed to find something to wear for "Hope Rocks", but I am reminded by Scott that I should think about putting a bag together for our trip to Marshall when the baby is born. But. . .I'm not sure what to pack. Doesn't Mom just get handed a scratchy gown and socks with grippers as she walks into the hospital? Not. . .this. . .time. . . Sweats? Jeans? Maybe I won't have time to choose my outfit. I know it doesn't really matter what I wear, but I do have to pack a bag. It would be nice to know what to pack to wear for such a special occassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment