Wednesday, August 26

Day 7

One week and counting!

It hardly seems possible that we've made it to the last week of this pregnancy. There are so many words to use to describe the last 10+ months. One thing that I am thankful for is being able to see family more frequently. We have made countless trips to Sherry's house, frequent potty trips on the side of the road (for one passenger in particular) and found our favorite songs to sing along to on our road trips. But the one thing that has become my favorite part of the trip is when we get to the end. As we near the end of our journey, there always is two familiar faces waiting for us on the sidewalk waiting in anticipation for us (I like to think me, but mostly Henry . . .I think) to arrive. We are always greeted with smiles and hugs and informed of afternoon plans before we can even get to the house. There is so much excitement! It has been so nice to spend more time with Ally and Austin this summer, and I've enjoyed watching Henry grow close to them. We have started to talk about how disappointed we will all be when this part of our journey comes to an end and we don't see each other as often anymore. But like I've told Ally, after next week, you might get sick of us and look forward to us going home.

Baby Butter really has me confused today. Sherry and I went to our appointment, which for the first time happened to be in the morning. Previous appointments have always been in the afternoon. Baby's heartbeat this morning was 160 bpm and it's always been on average in the 130's. Now, I know I'm foolish to try to determine Baby's gender based on the heartbeat, but it is fun. I've not wavered far from boy this entire pregnancy with the exception of a couple of weeks months ago. But now, I think I am pretty set on the idea of having a girl.

I really love the idea of not knowing if my baby is a boy or a girl. I'm going to welcome a boy or a girl with loving arms. However, not knowing keeps me in suspense and I do love a good guessing game now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Jen.....I look at your Blog every night. I too am very anxious for this baby to be born. God has given Sherry a healthy pregnancy and certainly will provide a safe delivery of the GREATEST GIFT! I think and pray for all of you very often.
    Love from Grandma Helen

    ReplyDelete